Monday, June 23, 2008

Things I love about being a mom:

My kids say the cutest things, especially when they are little. Sam has a little freckle on his neck and when he first noticed it, he thought it was a drop of syrup he had spilled on himself and it just wasn't coming off. He was convinced it was syrup for at least a year. We let him think it because it was so cute.


My kids do such cute things. One of Mya's favorite games is to put her dolls to sleep. She wraps them all up and tucks them in with a blanket. I find sleeping dolls all over the house. The other day, I found Mya making this lovely mess in the family room.

Here is the funny part.
This is a barbie that the dog has made her own. Petunia loves to grab this doll by the hair and shake it around. As a result, there is not much hair left and the head has been ripped almost in half. Although ugly and chewed up, Mya still took the time to put her to sleep. How cute.
I love watching my kids become friends.

I love watching my kids become good people.

Things I don't love about being a mom:

Germs. I am so tired of being sick all the time. My home is like some kind of petri dish with each kid bringing home a strange variety of germs each time we leave the house. And then they get sick and then I get sick. I am currently on my 2nd cold in as many weeks. I suppose the upside is that someday I will have an inpenetrable immunity system, but for now I just don't like it.


Messes. Do they ever end? It seems like they don't. Now I admit I am not the world's most diligent housekeeper, but even if I were, there would be no rest from trying to keep up with the messes my kids make. One prime example is toothpaste. I s it just me, or do other moms find toothpaste all over the house? Giant globs on the wall of the bathroom, small globs in the carpet of a bedroom, smears on the mirror. It's everywhere! And it's not easy to clean either.

It looks like the goods outnumber the bads. I guess I won't sell my kids to the gypsies just yet, but the teenage years are looming in the not too distant future and the balance might shift. For now though, I sure am glad that Heavenly Father chose me to be the mom of these 4 amazing kids.

6 comments:

Di said...

Little kids have tried to take my mole off the top of my lip. I'll have to come up with a cool story for it. I love the collage pictures of all your kids. Cute post.

Salty Gal said...

you do have cute little kiddos... i love the doll with hardly any hair, lying in that big ol beD, it craCks me up :)

Lyndee said...

your kids are very cute! good luck with the germs! :)

Tamra said...

Why is it that toothpaste ends up all over, but yet my kids still get cavities?? With all the toothpaste they are using, you'd think they'd be brushing a lot, but no. Your kids are adorable and when they are at my house they are perfect and well behaved, so I am sure they are always that way for you too.

joey said...

At the end of the day, when the kids are all tucked in and look like angels, all the messes, fighting, germs, etc., seem worth it.

Rebecca said...

Now those are four beautiful children. Beautiful because they are cute, but also for the shine in their eyes. Are we old enough to have kids this big???

Can relate to the germs and toothpaste. Think I can count on two hands the number of day since January that all five of us have been well. And there is still days old toothpaste on the playroom table. I keep the bathroom door closed, now.

As for hair bands, do the New York Dolls count? Have you seen the movie New York Doll? It's one of my favorites.