Friday, August 1, 2008

Contest Winners

Well there was a pretty overwhelmingly small response to my name that 80s movie soundtrack contest. I guess all my bloggy buddies, with a few notable exceptions, are just too young to have lived the 80s. Even still, I can't believe that none of you knew the song from Xanadu. That movie is sooo cool. I have posted the answers on the side bar of the page.

Congratulations to my lovely sister Patty for naming the most movies with 21 correct answers.
Congratulations to the beautiful and talented Katie Roberts for her noble attempt and 17 correct answers.
And Congratulations to the amazing Becca Sanchez--oh I mean Devenport--for surprising me with her 80s knowledge and coming up with 7.5 correct answers.

No one knew the bonus question. Lessons in Love was from the movie Hot Pursuit, a mid-career non-winner for John Cusack.

Patty, look for your prize some time in the next 6-8 weeks. Of course, you rarely ever read my blog so maybe I will insist that you respond to this post before I send you anything.

Next contest coming soon. Or late depending on my energy and creativity level.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So I've been so excited to see the answers. Thanks!

Hyrum said, "Goodonya" the other day. I wondered aloud where he picked it up, and Mark pointed out that I say it all the time. Your dad is to be thanked for that. Anyway . . .

Patty, good on ya!

payneinthe... said...

so I was a little surprised myself on my excitement for the book, but now that its been read I am done. It wasnt my favorite book and I dont feel like they will be on my books to re-read list. But I did sell all my shirts so if nothing else it was a money making investment.

Tiff and Kyle said...

I wish I would have known about it. I would have "rocked the caspa"!
Please please add me to you friends list.
You're the bestest ever!