Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please Don't Hurt 'Em, Hammer

Please indulge me while I reminisce.

I was thinking this past week about bands I have seen in concert. I was remembering the good old days of Park West concerts. Those were some good times up there. Sitting in the general admission seats, watching people urinate in public along the fence, smelling the mary jane, watching the lesbians make out. Good times.

That got me thinking of other bands I was able to see in concert.
My first concert, I was 11 and the neighbors had an extra ticket to see Chicago at the Salt Palace. We were pretty far up in the stands, and I didn't really know the songs, but I remember being there.

Some friends and I went to see the Hammer when we were in high school. That was so awesome! It was my first introduction to some of the more suggestive dance moves that were popular in the late 80's.

Anyway, we don't need to go into all the gory details. I made a new playlist of songs from those great concerts I got to see. Now, before you start judging me and laughing, some of these bands or people were VERY popular back in the day when I went to see them....yes, even Michael Bolton.

Why dont you all tell me a little about some fun concerts you have been to? That would be fun, huh?

7 comments:

Rollin Skinner said...

Steve Winwood huh? I'll up ya on the dork meter... I saw Richard Marx at the Oregon State Fair! I was at the fair with my friend Jeff and had to hang out for the entire set until he was ready to go. Beat that!

payneinthe... said...

Wow J. With a list like that it really is amazing you turned into the super cool person you are today. I may never escape the lame of my youth...Neil Diamond, The Monkeys, The Beastie Boys, u2

Salty Gal said...

I really haven't been to many concerts... Garth Brooks, that was sweet. ... hmmmmm... Collective Soul, Goo Goo Dolls, Sawyer Brown, and ummmmmmmmmm..... i think that's it. nothing to "exciting" on my list.

Angie said...

Hmmm, here are the concerts that I have been to....
Bush 1996
New Edition 1997
Alabama 1997
Collin Raye 1998
MOTLEY CRUE 2005 ***THE BEST!***
Alison Kraus 2005
Tori Amos 2005
Poison 2006
American Idol 2008
I think that is all of them... Not as cool as yours!

Tiff and Kyle said...

My first concert and perhaps one of my favorites was the JETS! That's right... you got it all... all over him!!!!!!!! Honey it's true... I can rock you all night.
I was 11 and I was on the floor just dancing my sassy little heart away.
But also Mandy Patikin is one of the greatest preformers I have ever seen. Mandy and a piano for an hour and a half. It's magic.

Tamra said...

My most memorable concert was, I am not sure I dare admit it, but New Kids on the Block. I was such a huge fan. A friend of mine is even trying to talk me into going to their concert here in Nov.

Tamra said...

BTW, when it gets cold (or it rains) I will start driving my kids to and from Oakcrest again. I am lazy right now and they ride their bikes. But, if you two ever need a ride, I am headed that way anyway.