Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boring update and General Invitation

It's a sad day in the Skinner household. Mya has decided naps are no longer her thing. As mentioned in my previous post, I am through fighting her so my two hour block of quiet each day is gone. Luckily she is such a good girl and is almost always in a good mood, so we have fun even when she is napless.

Jackson and Sam took their end of year tests for homeschool. They seemed to be pretty confident about their performance. They have finished the course work for the year as well, so I dont know what to do with them for the next 5 weeks until school ends. They will be asking me 82 times a day, "Mom, do you have any ideas on what I can do?" I might have to do some actual teaching and that is not why I got into this homeschooling gig.

Logan is off track and bored out of her mind. She does not have many friends in the neighborhood on the same track, so there is no one to play with a lot of the time. She is not an entertain herself kind of kid so we are always on the lookout for something to do. She has just about crafted herself out, her room has been cleaned out, and her mom is played out. Luckily this is her last off track until summer. One more week of boredom. I hope we can make it.

We have ordered a dumpster from the city so we can dispose of all the crap that has been residing in our home for the past several months to years. I am issuing an invitation to all within the sound of my blog. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." Mostly you can bring your wretched refuse. The city dumpster will be in front of our house from Thursday the 17th until Saturday the 19th. Help us fill it.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

JJ!I don't know if you remember me, I'm Patty's friend, I found your blog through Patty's! nice job! I'm hounding her to blog away since she is such a facebook addict I know she could do it! anyway I just wanted to leave a post on your blog, it's awesome and it 's fun to see how much your kids have grown up! I remember when Patty told me that Jackson was born! and now you have 4!so are you still at Delta? everytime I'm at the E gate I look for you and you may not even work there anymore!
anyway here is my blog address!
www.gingerhealy.blogspot.com
take care
Ginger

Unknown said...

do you mean your boys made up for all the work they "missed" and they are ungrounded.

HOLY COW, they can rock it!

Rollin Skinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.