Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Boring Update on the boring update

Mya's lack of naps is having occasional repercussions. The other night she was so tired and so grumpy, she threw quite the tantrum. She had locked herself in the bathroom, and her only response to our inquiries into what she was doing was "I'm not listening to you." When Rollin went in to check on her, he discovered she was attempting to open some nail polish and give herself a mani/pedi. Rollin took the dark red polish away from her and she completely lost it. She screamed "Leave me alone," crossed her arms and went to stand in the corner. We could not stop laughing which just made her more angry which just made us laugh more, etc. etc. I had to take a picture.



Sammy decided last week that he was ready for a hair cut and this time he wanted it to be short. So this morning we went to see Brynn and she did the honors. It has been about 4 years since Sam has had a short hair cut, so he looks like a whole new kid. I think it took about 3 years off him. Every time I glance at him I do a double take cause he looks so different. He is a cute boy.

Before & After

I want to give kudos to all of you who really pitched in and helped us fill that dumpster. It was delivered at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday and by 9:00 p.m. that night it was full. I am glad to see that so many other folks have crap they need to dispose of too. The city picked the dumpster up this morning about 10 and the guy had to climb up on top and push some things down in so they wouldnt fall out when he loaded it. We personally filled it about 1/3 full just with our stuff. Here is a picture of how much we put in.






4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am in L.O.V.E. with the Mya picture! I think that we need to keep our girls away from each other for as long as possible... because the two of them together could do some major damage. Heaven help us both!

Tamra said...

Let me know what track Logan ends up on next year, if we change shcools, I will have to see if I can get Andree on the same track. Andree is so made that Logan's off track and she's not (we don't even have tracks at our school, so I am not sure why she's surprised). I love the picture of Mya, although I kindof wanted to see the picture of her mani/pedi done all by herself, but I can see why you'd stop her.

Unknown said...

holy haircut batman, it is great, but you are right so different! love the mia story!

kt

Salty Gal said...

Mya is so funny, she is getting to be such a big girl now huH? silly kiddos...

I love the haircut, he looks so cute both ways. He does look like a different person though, funny how just cutting your hair does that.