Monday, February 4, 2008

My Stump Speech

Friends, Utahns, Countrymen, lend me your ear. The time has come to put an end to all this snow. I am tired of it. I want to be able to leave the house without shoveling. I want to get past the Olers house without having to be pushed by friends and family. I know you want the same things. Let us work together to bring this soul-sucking madness to an end.

For those of you who may say, but we need the water, I say, let it snow in the mountains until mid-June. The snow level at my house in no way affects the snow pack or the continuation of the drought, and is therefore unnecessarily high. For those of you who may say, but we love the winter sports, I say, love them at Snowbird, but my driveway is not steep enough to make much of a downhill run, therefore it does not need two feet of snow upon it.

Tomorrow as you go to the polls, think about the poor women who so desperately want to go to aerobics in the morning, yet can't even get out of their driveway. Think of the children who are stuck in the house with their seasonally depressed mom. Think of your dry winter skin flaking and itching and even bleeding. But most of all, think of tulips and park days and barbeques. Think, my friends, of Spring. I urge you to use your voting powers for good and help me end the snow! God bless America.

7 comments:

Mindurs said...

Here, Here! I am tired of being stuck indoors myself!

Cute page by the way, I like the update!

The Redhead said...

I found your blog through the Olers and I love what you said. You are so funny. Cute blog too.

Angie said...

Jenn! I will totally vote to end the snow. I love the snow in the mountains afterall that's the only place that it really does anything for me. Although, I do think the snow in the park is essential for sledding... maybe we could have some kind of ordinance that it can only snow in public parks!

Salty Gal said...

i push all the snow out of my driveway into the road to try to get you stuck out there so i can look at your fancy car

i kind of thought you liked sitting in the road by my house? come on now....

Rollin Skinner said...

Mrs. Oler as designated car pusher and unstucker I am not amused by your commentary. I don't enjoy leaving the house for any reason when the tempature is less than 60 degrees, not to mention when it involves additional work. Please have some sympathy for us displaced surfers and beachbums. Thanks for your support.

Heather said...

Jennifer-

I vote yes! End to the valley snow. Love your blog-

Heather

Jennifer said...

Amen! That is all I have to say about that.