Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This Week in Baseball

We had quite a traumatic week. (Ok so it might not be traumatic compared to a lot of people's week, but still...)

My sweet sister, Patty, is 17 weeks pregnant and went in on Thursday to have her ultrasound. They discovered that the baby had died. She had to deliver the baby on Friday, 12 hours of emotion and pain. It has been a pretty hard experience for her and her hubby and kids. They were really hoping for a girl, and unfortunately baby Eliza's umbillical cord was not formed correctly and just didnt have the ability to nourish her. I can't even begin to imagine what the whole experience must have been like for Patty and I wish she didnt live so far away so I could be there to support her.

On Friday evening, Mya began running a fever and was being quite the grump. We were trying to comfort her at 1:00 a.m. when I noticed a very large lump on the side of her neck. Needless to say, I freaked out. Thoughts of cancer and mumps and meningitis ran through my head. Rollin did some research on the internet and we thought it was probably a swollen lymph node. Saturday morning I took her to the instacare and 2 hours later the doctor confirmed our amateur diagnosis and prescribed some antibiotics. She is doing better, though still running an occasional fever and still sporting a goiter-like lump.

So, a more eventful weekend than we are used to at the Skinner's. Luckily, the comfort of the Lord made everything seem so much easier to handle. We know that baby Eliza will one day get to be with her earthly family and I hope that our prayers that Patty will be comforted will help her. My initial panic over Mya was also quickly soothed by a prayer for comfort and peace. I am so grateful to the Lord for his kindness and presence in my life.

1 comments:

Salty Gal said...

you poor thing. I hate it when things go wrong. I'm glad your little muffin is doing ok...not the food, but your baby who's not really a baby anymore.