Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I tried to be a good mom this year and help my kids create some lasting Easter memories, so on Saturday morning we got up and decided to find an egg hunt. It was already 9:15 when I decided, so we missed a lot of them, but the Herriman egg hunt started at 10:00. I told the kids they had 15 minutes to get dressed and ready to go. We all ran around like crazies, me yelling, the kids frustrated cause they couldnt find shoes, etc., and were in the car at 9:45. A little later than I hoped, but not bad considering. In an effort to get there on time, however, I was driving just a bit faster than I should have been on the round about by our house and hit the curb with my back wheel and blew out the tire. "Sorry kids, we can't go cause Mom just broke the car." (Whining and moaning and one understanding "That's ok, Mom.") We drove slowly home and Rollin came out to help me put on the donut. I felt really bad about disappointing the kids, and Holladay's hunt started at 11 and I figured we could still make that one in time. Once the donut was on, I wrangled the kids up again and we were off. We pulled in to the parking lot at the Lion's Club building in Holladay at exactly 11, jumped out with baskets in hand, and hurried to the join the crowd of eager egg hunters. We had walked about 10 feet when another mom, looking as harried as I felt and towing four kids, passed and said "Someone told me the hunt is over." "What?" I said. "It was supposed to start at 11." "It ended at 11:01," she told me. "Well kids, back in the car. Let's just go home and go back to bed . This has not been our day."

Suffice it to say, it was a memorable day, just not quite the way I had hoped. We took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and they had fun playing on the jungle gym there, we got a deal on the tire since it was still under warranty, and I got a fun story to blog about.

We enjoyed Easter Sunday wearing our new clothes and eating a lot of candy. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house where Grandma made us a great lunch of ham and funeral potatoes, and Grandpa played the boys' new card games with them and jacks with Logan. The kids all dropped off early that evening without any whining or fighting to wrap up the day quite nicely. Holidays always look better from the back side of them, don't they?




Don't I have adorable kids?

3 comments:

Salty Gal said...

you do have cute kids! That really sucks about your easter weekend ... too bad.

But your kids are adorable, getting so big, but adorable :)

Mindurs said...

What a cute bunch of kids you have! I am sorry about the disappointing egg hunt hunt!

Rollin Skinner said...

Those are some good looking kids! Let me know if you ever leave that dolt of a husband. Those kids clearly get their looks from their mom.