Saturday, March 1, 2008

Our Week

This week we decided to take a short trip up to see Rollin's parents in Lewisville, Idaho. About 15 minutes into the packing process, I was questioning our decision. It seems that each trip we take involves more time and more stuff than the last. I remember the good old days when we could pack a change of underwear and a toothbrush and go for a week in comfort. Now everyone wants to bring all these luxuries like diapers and hairdryers. I just had no idea that getting by for 2 days involved so much junk. We had a great time in Idaho. We went to the Idaho Falls Museum of Natural History and saw a display of Pharaohs. The kids got Chrstmas money from Bamma and Papa and enjoyed spending it on completely unnecessary items. We found an amazing clearance sale at Fred Meyer and all got a new pair of shoes. We helped Rollin's parents do some things around their house that are getting harder for them to take care of. And finally, the dog got a haircut. She hardly looks like the same dog any more. It was a good trip.


Friday was such a nice day back in West Jordan, we spent some time outside. I think the kids are feeling a little cabin fever, so they were very happy to do some outside spring-type activities. Too bad it had to go and snow again today and ruin everyone's fun. Dumb weather. Mya looks so funny in her giant helmet that we couldn't resist taking some pictures to embarass her in the future.

4 comments:

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

That sounds like a lot of fun going on a small vacation! :) I sure did miss you guys when you were gone though. It feels all empty next door without you there! Never leave again..its all cosy(sp?) with you back and I like it that way! :)

BTW new shoes? I want to see! :D

and your puppy looks completely different! still cute but different.

p.s. I had to delete my comment so I could edit it.

Love ya!

Leehsa

Salty Gal said...

what fun pictures! did you get a new camera? These ones are super spiffy....and I think your pooch looks SOOOOOO cute, you can tell that she's a schnauzer now...I love it!

Tamra said...

I love when it starts to warm up and the kids are so excited to go outside again. Andree and Logan asked me if they could put on swimsuits and put the sprinkler under the tramp that first warm day a week or so ago. (I was mean and said not until it hits at least 65 degrees. I'm with you on the packing for trips. I can't believe the under taking it is to pack for 4 kids and 2 adults.