Monday, March 10, 2008

My Blog Buddies

"Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your blog list grow?" I love to see my list of friends grow on my blog. I so enjoy reading other blogs and it gets a little boring reading strangers' blogs so friends are preferable. I have tried to get my sisters to blog with me but they are all weinies about it. So thank you friends and neighbors who make my day a little more exciting with your wonderful blogs.


I did discover a stranger's blog that I just love reading though. I actually found it from Tamra's blog. It is the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. I read it and just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then I felt inadequate and envious of her writing skills and ability to find something interesting to blog about every day. Well I suppose Heavenly Father made some of us good writers and some of us good readers and I will just be happy with the skill I got. But if you are in need of a good laugh, check out the cooking blog and also her personal blog. http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com/


Spring has finally arrived! Hurray. Although I did hear the weather person make some comment about snow this weekend. I am going to ignore it though and hope that makes it go away. The kids were outside all afternoon and I opened the window while I cooked dinner. It was very nice. The only bad part is that all the mess in my yard that was being covered by the snow is now visible. As my neighbors can attest, I don't really like yard work, but this year I am determined to make an effort to not have the ugliest yard on the block. If anyone wants to volunteer to give me nice yard lessons, I would really be interested in that! Or even better, if anyone's yard work itch is not scratched doing their own yard, come on over and go to town at my house. Here is a rough sketch of what we want to help get you started.



Someday it will be mine.

7 comments:

Di said...

I love Pioneer Woman... I have her under my resource links. I'm with you on the yard thing. No wonder we haven't finished our backyard and our new house basically doesn't have one, which is OK by me.

Marcy May said...

I can send Leita over. She loves to pull weeds and any other living plant out of the ground. Which I hope, explains why I have hardly any vegetation in my yard.
Can I add you to my friends list?

Salty Gal said...

GOSH, i need to go to church. I'm so lazy
I will try sooooo hard to come this week. And I will blog about it,and you better be there.

Rollin Skinner said...

Where's the putting green?

Alicia said...

Jen, Jen bo ben, banana fanna fo fen, me. my. mo. men. JEN!

Ok now that's out of the way, I'll help you if you'll help me! I want a pretty yard and I want you to have a pretty yard and I think together we can both have pretty yards! we can have pretty yard parties! Ok now I'm just going crazy! Please disregard everything I've written..except the part where I said I want us both to have pretty yards! :)

Love ya MUCH!

Alicia

Terry said...

I have to say this blogging is kinda habit forming. I will have to check out that Pioneer Woman's blog. We can all use a good laugh. You can put me on your list of friends. I'm not the great writter. I add thing once in awhile. I really like your blog!
Terry

Tamra said...

I will compete with you on the ugliest yard thing, have you seen my crab grass lawn? I've often wondered if they seeded with crab grass in the front and clover in the back. It doesn't help having neighbors with georgous yards. I actually like yard work in spring and early summer and then I wont touch it again til fall (I hate anything about 85 degrees). Finish basement, put in a yard? Humm, I just can't decide. I guess you'll find out as the weather warms up. And the snow, it just ruined my plans for a nursery nature walk on Sunday, sorry Maya.