Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer Fun

Summer is coming. While I am excited about the nice warm weather, the fun holidays, and baseball, I am not excited for this: "Mom, I am bored. There's nothing to do." I am also not excited for my kids to watch 15 hours of TV a day, or torment their siblings 6 hours a day, or play video games 'til they develop blisters. So, in the interest of my own sanity, I have decided to have take a proactive approach to the summer. A friend of mine who lives is North Salt Lake plans a weekly field trip-type activity for her kids each summer. The idea was so popular with her ward members, that she prints out a schedule and distributes it. I thought I would be a copy cat and do something similar. Now, keeping in mind this is my first year attempting this, and it might not be all that exciting or cool, I am inviting any who want to join us to....well....join us. My kids are on D track and they don't go back to school until the end of August, so the schedule goes through then. I have planned two activities most weeks, but we will see if that works or is too many. Most activities are free or really inexpensive and we can try and get a group discount for the cost ones if enough people want to come. So, if you would like a schedule of the plans so far, email me at rjskinner@msn.com and I will email one to you. Come to one or all. All ages are welcome.

2 comments:

Marinda said...

I'm in! Do you have any activities planned that maybe we could just drop all the kids off somewhere and pick them up...oh I don't know.. the next day?

Tamra said...

I do weekly and sometimes twice weekly field trips with my kids every summer-we LOVE it. I try to do a lot of free things to, hikes and wheeler farm, etc. It is how I survive. I am so excited this summer-this is my first summer not being with a baby and nursing or pregnant and sick in oh so many years! I will post my list of must do's for summer field trips soon, so we should definatly combine some of them!!